At its height the tunnel system stretched over 250km. from Saigon to the Cambodian border and was three levels deep. The network included innumerable trap doors, specially constructed living areas, storage facilities, weapons factories, field hospitals, command centers and kitchens. Today the remaining tunnels have become a major tourist attraction giving the visitor a unique experience and a feel of what underground life in the American war must have been like. The tunnels have been widened for our benefit (otherwise we would not be able to enter them!) For those interested there’s even the opportunity to fire off rounds from an AK47 or MK16 at the nearby rifle range.
Cu Chi tunnels, Reunification palace, Women’s Museum, Local market
Full Tour Itinerary
- Pick up at your hotel and drive to Cu Chi (60km – 1,5 hours)
- Visit Lacquer workshop
- Upon arrival, watch a documentary film
- Discover special constructed living areas with kitchens, bedrooms, storage, weapons factories, field hospitals and command centers helping whoever lives inside the tunnels meet their basic needs.
- Discover an underground town
- Discover many hidden trap doors and dangerous traps within the maze-like tunnels and learning more about the handmade weapon and traps
- Visit rice paper workshop
- Taste special tea and tapioca (guerilla’s food during the war) will be served.
- Notre Dame Cathedral
- Saigon Post Office
- Reunification Palace
- Women’s museum
- Local Market (Flexible/ If have enough time)
OPTIONAL: Try shooting AK47, M16, M60, M30. Surcharge: 2,5usd/ bullets (1line has 10 bullets)
- AC mini-van
- English speaking guide
- Entrance fees
- Mineral water (1 bottle/tour)
- Wet tissue
- Tapioca and local tea
- Lunch with Pho noodle.
- Personal expenses
- Tips and Gratuities